The Halcyon Incubator is committed to solving 21st century challenges by helping social entrepreneurs with audacious ideas incubate and accelerate social ventures with the capacity for measurable social change.
The Halcyon Incubator supports Fellows in numerous ways and enables them to build sustainable ventures with the capacity to change the world.
Fellows accepted into the program will have access to the following resources:
Strategic Venture Resources - The Halcyon Incubator has partnered with some of the leading firms in the community to advise and directly support the Fellows’ ventures. During the course of the program, Fellows receive more than 1,000 hours (in aggregate) of:
- Strategy and operations consulting provided by Deloitte
- Legal and business advice through Arnold and Porter LLP
- Technical advice and hosting credits through Amazon Web Services
- Communications, public relations, and marketing assistance through Sage Communications
- One-on-one executive coaching provided in partnership with The HR Sage
World-Class Network of Mentors and Advisors - The Halcyon Incubator builds a community of support around the Fellows by bringing together a robust network of seasoned entrepreneurs, experienced change-makers, and leaders across sectors.
- Each venture is paired with an experienced, field-specific mentor who provides weekly guidance and support during the Residency Phase.
- Select dinners and events engage Fellows with a robust network of supporters, advisors, and potential funders.
Residency, Business and Living Expenses - The Halcyon Incubator was founded to ensure that all social entrepreneurs, regardless of their economic background, can succeed. The program reduces the financial barriers to starting a social venture by providing:
- Five months of free housing at the historic Halcyon House (Residency Phase)
- 18 months of free workspace at Halcyon House
- $10,000 stipend per venture for food and living expenses during the Residency Phase
Critical Audiences - The program works to provide exposure for ventures to help ensure long-term sustainability.
- Access to entrepreneurs, press, and supporters during a formal debut at Kick-Off, an event at the beginning of the Residency Phase
- Access to potential funders, investors, and partners during the Halcyon Showcase, an event at the end of the Residency Phase
- Access to key community figures and innovators at conferences and other events
- Watch videos from the Women Leading Disruptive Innovations Conference hosted at Halcyon House in March 2015 here